Here is episode 2, Curious Moniker—also known as the Zeppisode. It’s pledge week at Radio Encendido. Liston and Sam need to raise $8,000, and they will do whatever it takes, even if that means reading sonnets from high-school English students.
Among other highlights:
- We serve pizza boats on Friday.
- We hear an important word of warning from the Proper-Hyphenation Council of America.
- After seven months as a reporter, our man on the street, Tad Grundle, wins journalism’s highest accolade: a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Broadcasters’ Symposium. In the words of Frank Covington, “A BS award is a pretty big deal.”
- We whip out the theremin early and often.
- We debut “The Birthday Song,” by a Slew of Yack-Ups.
- Patients from the Zyzzyx Psychological Recalibration and Lobotomy Research Center play us out.
- We unveil a 38″ symphonic gong. That’s a dream more than twenty years in the making.
This show first aired Saturday, December 29, 2018.
850 thoughts on “Episode 2: Curious Moniker”
Comments are closed.